Sunday, March 08, 2009

Prelude to Sundays

I started something new last night.  One of my closest friends, Ben Brammer, a pastor in Oklahoma City, and I began a weekly phone prayer time together on Saturday nights before our busy Sundays.  One of Ben's mentors, Charles Lyons, the pastor of Armitage Church in inner-city Chicago who has practiced this for many years, encouraged him to do the same.  So, we began last night.  It's not a long drawn-out thing, but we just take a few minutes to talk and find out the direction we're headed for the next day, and then we take turns praying for each other.  I love it.  And I know I'm gonna look forward to it every week.  So, I'll offer the same challenge here on my blog.  Find a weekly prayer partner--especially those of you in some type of ministry position.  Take advantage of the awesome privilege we have to pray for each other.  You won't regret it.

0 comments: