Monday, March 23, 2009

7 Years Ago

Today, March 23, 2009 is the 7th anniversary of the day when Tasha and I stood before our friends and family in a beautiful stone chapel, on a gorgeous Carolina blue day, in historic downtown Charleston, SC with my dad officiating and we pledged our love and our vows to each other. Now seven years later, we've been through seminary, seen the birth of two beautiful children and one on the way, been the youth pastor and worship leader at two very different but great churches, and then launched full-time into worship and evangelism ministry that the Lord is graciously blessing.

Tasha is the love of my life and my true partner and companion in life and in ministry. These days it seems that there are fewer and fewer husband and wife teams in the ministry. And I'm grateful that we truly are a team. We go everywhere together, do everything together and get to witness mighty movements of God together all over the world. I'm thankful for that.

I'm thankful for you, Tasha Joy. I'm thankful to be your husband and your partner in crime. As Paul affectionately called the Philippian believers, so I call you ... "my joy and crown." I love you with every beat of my heart ... unimaginably more now than 7 years ago when I stood weak-kneed and teary-eyed watching you make your grand entrance! And I still see your grand entrance replayed every day of my life in the cozy little place we call home. I love you. Happy Anniversary.

2 comments:

The Via Colony said...

I love you too. Thank you for a wonderful 7 years. This is only the beginning=)

the burchard bunch said...

Happy Anniversary Josh & Tasha:) You two are an amazing couple and your love for each other, your children and the Lord, shines through everything you say and do!! Congrats!! Much love from the Burchard Bunch!