Tuesday, November 20, 2007

That For Which I'm Thankful - Part 1

This morning I woke up to a world of incredible possibilities. I woke up to a morning with the sun piercing through the blinds and I was reminded of the mercies of the Lord that are renewed every day. I was reminded that I live in a country where I can worship freely.

I was reminded that Christ wants all of me, and in so giving everything to Him, the possibilities are endless as to what He can do with a life fully committed to Him. I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for His amazing gift of salvation - salvation that is completely undeserved or unmerited. I'm thankful that I don't have to earn it. I don't have to earn His attention either. I don't have to say, "Hey God, look down here and see what I'm trying to do for Your kingdom." Because He sees it anyway. And He could actually care less what I'm trying to do for Him. He wants me to stop trying and let Him do it. I'm thankful for that.

I'm thankful that in His kingdom, it's not a competition. It's not God's Idol. If I miss a proverbial note or lyric, He doesn't blast me out. He knows I'm a screw up in and of myself. So, I'm thankful that He uses screw ups. He uses ragamuffins. He uses the least of these. His kingdom is made up of a band of misfits. That's what I'm thankful for. There's enough competition in this world and in my life. I'm thankful that God's kingdom is not one of them.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I'm thankful for that reminder.

Chris said...

Amen, brother!