Thursday, November 22, 2007

That For Which I'm Thankful - Part 3 (A Small Brick Building)

This is the final installment of my series of posts on things I'm thankful for. Never done a series until now. Think I kinda like it. Here's what I'm thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day 2007: I'm thankful for a tiny little building on the campus of North Greenville College in the boondocks of Tigerville, SC. This little building is called Hayes Ministry Center. It was in this building that I met the woman who was to become my wife, Tasha Joy Litke. It was during our time playing in the BSU (Baptist Student Union) praise band at North Greenville that we met, dated, fell in love and well, the rest is history. It was in Hayes Ministry Center, the location for our weekly worship gatherings, that I first laid eyes on Tasha, the hot violinist that added an unbelievably sweet vibe - the only musician who really knew what she was doing out of the whole band of ragamuffin, second-rate, musician wannabe's. She was more than the icing on the cake. She WAS the cake.

It was in Hayes Ministry Center that Tasha and I began hanging out after each worship service getting to know one another. But it didn't happen right away. Little did I know that, under normal conditions, she could pack up her violin and be out of there in about 30 seconds, but for whatever reason she began taking longer and longer to pack up her stuff. Oblivious as I was, it took me several weeks to catch on to the fact that her lingering was intentional and strategic. Finally, one night I caught on. We talked. She gave me a ride back to my dorm room. We were married 2 years later. Now, 7 years and 2 beautiful kids later, we are even more in love with each other and with our awesome God who brilliantly orchestrated every event and brought our lives together.

I'm incredibly thankful for my wife, Tasha Joy. I'm thankful that she balances me out. I'm thankful for her stunning insight into child-rearing, her thoughtful and provocative counsel into my life, and her desperate and passionate quest to know her Savior more and more intimately. I'm thankful to know her as my best friend, as my partner in life and in ministry, and my perfect companion for a lifelong marriage commitment.

I'm thankful for a little brick building on the campus of NGC where it all began.

0 comments: