Monday, May 11, 2009

A Long, Fruitful Week

Week Recap:


Sunday, 5-3 thru Wednesday, 5-6 - I joined my Dad for a 4-night revival meeting in Chatham, VA at Marion Baptist Church.  I love whenever I get to partner with my Dad.  He's my hero--always has been, always will be.  He has faithfully preached the infallible truths of God's Word with passion and unwavering conviction since before I was ever a glimmer in his eye! (I can't believe I said that) Anyway, the week started off a bit slow, but concluded with an emotionally-charged, Spirit-led encounter on Wednesday night.  A teenage girl, whom the entire church had been praying for many years to come to faith in Christ finally did just that--she accepted Christ as her Lord and Savior, and the place came unglued.  It was an incredible moment--one that I won't soon forget.

Friday, 5-8 - We took the band to Yadkinville, NC to Courtney Baptist Church to conclude their week-long revival services.  The Nate's (Nate Proczak and Nate Bryan) and Scott Spruill came along and did an amazing job as usual.  The Lord saved three young teenage boys that night. It was an awesome moment as we played "Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone" and the chains that had once bound these young men were released. 

Sunday, 5-10 - We were back at Southbrook Church here in Charlotte for Mother's Day.  Michelle Singleton brought an encouraging word to mothers--a great way to finish up the week.  The four of us (no, ... five of us) came home and all took a 3-and-a-half hour nap.  Heavenly!  Praise the Lord for all that He did this week.

0 comments: