Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Always Read the Instructions First

Sad news: Tasha is sick with a severe sinus infection. She says it's the worse pain of her life. Ugh. I'm playing the Mr. Mom role right now...canceling meetings, cooking, cleaning, spanking the children, etc. Have I told you lately that I love my wife and have a renewed appreciation for all she does? Tasha, have I told you that lately? Well, I do. Husbands, let's not forget to tell our wives that today.

On another note: In a desperate attempt to keep myself healthy in a home ravaged and invaded by germs, I have been taking Airborne, Vitamin C, and Sudafed PE like candy. But just one word of caution. This is the first time I've ever taken Airborne ... and I failed to read the instructions first. Big Mistake. As soon as I broke open the bottle I popped a tablet straight into my mouth and began chewing, figuring that was the proper method. I was wrong. They are meant to be dissolved in water first, much like alka-seltzer. That was debatably one of the worst mistakes of my life. I can't even begin to describe the horrific sensations that jolted through my entire body, beginning with my mouth that felt like Cherry bombs exploding, continuing down my esophogus that felt like it was being attacked by cheese graters, and concluding in the pit of my stomach where the experience was much like what I would imagine a prized deer might feel where he to tragically still be alive during the gutting and stuffing process by the local taxidermist.

So, just a word of caution: Always read the instructions first.

1 comments:

The Via Colony said...

Thanks baby! Thanks for running this house for me this week. I've been good for nothing!