Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Release



My sister, Joy, took some footage last night of the CD release. So here ya go. This song is called "Send Us Out" - track 14 on the CD. The night went really well. I felt really good about the whole thing. Following up Jarrett Steven's awesome challenge about maintaining a biblical perspective on reaching out to the poor, the widow and the orphan, we played "The Wonder of This Sight" which vamps the chorus "You're the hope of every nation. Perfecter of salvation." It was a great moment where application of the message happened and worship followed as a natural impulse. People were shouting the chorus with every bit of passion they could muster. It was pretty incredible. Thanks for all of you who came out to support us, and thanks for not making it a "stare-fest", but for genuinely engaging with God and worshiping your hearts out. Dave Hickman, thanks for allowing us the privilege of using C1 as an avenue for this worship project. We love all of you. If you get a chance, read the comment under my last post from my brother-in-law, Andrew Litke, about God's latter rain on our ministry. It's pretty phenomenal. Thanks for the kind words, Andrew. Love ya.

By the way, the CD is available for download on Digstation, and will soon be available on iTunes. Stay posted.

Also, in other news, (and I'm not all about numbers, but this is amazing) last night while we were having our CD release in Charlotte, my Dad was preaching the Gospel at a youth event in Chesapeake, Virginia. Out of the 150 in attendance, 25 students came to faith in Christ! Hallelujah! Those kids were serious about bringing their lost friends to hear the Gospel. Thank you, Lord! And thanks Dad, for being obedient to the Lord and His calling on your life. I believe in you!

Last night we played:
1. Send Us Out
2. Immanuel
3. O, How I Love Jesus/He Loves Me
4. How He Loves (John Mark McMillan)
5. The Wonder of This Sight
6. Be Thou My Vision/Now and Forever

1 comments:

jayandjoy said...

what an amazing night! Yall sounded amazing! Anyone who wasn't there, you missed out on one of the most phenomenal bands I have ever heard.

Josh and Tasha, I love you guys. I'm praying for you and the new CD. I know God is going to use it in great ways. Keep up the good work.