Thursday, August 28, 2008

Marathon

The last 4 days have been a marathon. Sunday night was amazing in Virginia. Tasha and I partnered with my Dad for the evening as he shared the vision for his ministry to the people of Green Ridge Baptist Church in Roanoke. His passion is reaching lost souls. And I am honored everyday to be under his direction and leadership. He's my hero. Pray for him this week. As I write this, he's on a plane bound for Cape Town, South Africa to preach the gospel of Jesus to thousands of people all over the city. I wish I were with him. Next time.

On Monday, we loaded up our family and headed south again, this time to Raleigh, NC to lead worship Wednesday night. We arrived just in time for me to come down with strep throat (perfect when you make your living with your vocal chords!). Thankfully, our friend Jen told us about the minuteclinic at CVS and when Tuesday morning rolled around I was in and out of the store my wife has come to cherish within 10 minutes (a sin to stay that short for CVS lovers) with a positive test for strep (that looked more like a pregnancy test than anything else) and a bottlefull of penicillin. By Wednesday night, I was feeling a lot better, toughed it out and I think God was pleased with the whole night. Tasha and I led with the Chad Lister Band for the kickoff of Two|Four, a brand new ministry of Richland Creek Community Church. Spearheaded by two of my brothers, Jared and Jacob Via, Two|Four is destined to be, in my humble but accurate opinion, the 722 of Raleigh. The kickoff was phenomenal. Just a drop in the bucket of what's gonna happen with that ministry! If you're a student or young adult in the RDU area, head over to Two|Four on Wednesday nights. It starts at 8:30 pm. You won't regret it!


Worship Set for GreenRidge:
1. The Solid Rock (Passion version)
2. I Exalt Thee (Pete Sanchez)
3. King on His Way (The Via's)
4. The Wonder of This Sight (The Via's)

Worship Set for Two|Four:
1. Sanctify (Return Worship)
2. Beautiful the Blood (Steve Fee - I refuse to refer to him simply as "Fee")
3. Reign in Us (Starfield)
4. Sweetly Broken (Jeremy Riddle)
5. Jesus Paid It All (Passion version)

0 comments: