Sunday, March 02, 2008

Familial Support on 3-2-08

It was a great day back at Southbrook. My parents and sister were in town for Rainy's birthday party yesterday, so they stayed over last night to worship with us this morning. It was awesome having them there. They came to CharlotteONE this past week, as well. I've got the best parents in the world. They support Tasha and me 100% with the task God has given us to do. Mom, Dad, Joy, thanks for your support!

Today was a standalone message by our Executive Pastor, Paul Allen, on the relationship between stewardship and loving God. Great stuff. He focused on John 21:15-17 and Matthew 25:34-40.

Our worship set:
1. Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee (Passion Hymns version - I never get tired of playing this one. This is a great tune for any context, because anyone with even the most minute sense of musical awareness can sing along with this familiar melody.)

2. Counting on God (I got several comments on this one asking if we wrote it. No. I wish. It's by Desperation Band, off their latest project Everyone Overcome. When Tasha and I visited New Life Church back in June, I had the privilege to meet Glenn Packiam, frontman for Desperation. They had just had their live recording of this latest CD the week before we were there, so we just missed it. But this is a great tune. The bridge makes the song: "And the miracle of Christ in me, is the mystery that set me free; I'm nothing like I used to be, just open up your eyes, you'll see!:)

3. Majesty (Delirious - worshipful and reflective - I thought it was a great lead-in to the message!)

4. From the Inside Out (Hillsong - a beautifully reflective tune - It focuses on the mercy and forgiveness of God in the midst of failure and striving to be like Christ. The lyrics that affect me the most are these: "and the cry of my heart is to bring You praise from the inside out, Lord, my soul cries out.")

5. Father Let Me Dedicate - (also from Passion Hymns - Andy Cherry led this one. A great tune to end the day on with the simple chorus, "Be glorified in me, be glorified in me!")



0 comments: