Saturday, November 18, 2006

An 'Out of My Head' Week

Wow! So it's been a while since I've been able to post. Many of you know that I got pretty sick this past week. Turns out I had encephalitis (?), a virus that affects the brain and causes problems with normal motor skills. Some of you saw first hand last Sunday morning when I tried to lead worship but was having trouble making sense of anything. It was quite comical looking back on it. I don't remember much of it, but for example, Tasha said I tried to plug my instrument cables straight into the stage. Nice. I was also saying crazy things and talking out of my head.

Tasha said that when the paramedics came to our house Sunday afternoon they asked me whether I had any blurred vision and my response was as follows. First, I stared blankly at the guy as if he were mad and speaking incoherent rubbish. Second, I decided to respond and test his wits by saying, "Well, nothing else I can think of, except the makeup thing." Hmm.... not sure what that was all about. I think I know alot more about makeup than I realized. And when Tasha and I were walking down to the ER room, she told me that I began to tell her how we'd see Beth Moore at the judgment. I'm sure the Lord was speaking prophetically through me. Someone needed it. I'm sure of it. So, needless to say it was an interesting week, and the worst is over.

But I do want to say thanks to all of you who prayed for us during this time. We could defintely sense your prayers and the power of God working through them. Thanks to all of you for loving us. Hopefully, I'll be able to post pretty soon some of the things that God has shown me through this time, both serious and funny. Because if you saw me in action this week, you'd know that God definitely has a sense of humor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, I'm glad to hear that you're coherent again, although, I do like the prophetic statements about Beth Moore and such. Jenn and I have been thinking about you a lot over the past several days...
We're out of town this week...but when we get back, I'd love to catch up with you to hear about this cephalitis deal. Anyway, I'm thankful that you're doing well, and I'm thankful for your friendship as well...
continued grace to you,
Wes

Josh Via said...

Wes, thanks for the concern. Yea, I'm doing great now. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving. Let's hang out again soon. Love ya dude.