Sunday, February 07, 2010

2.7.10

Highlights from Journey today - week 4 of "Jump" series:

  • If I believe in who He says He is, then I must believe He will do what He says He will do.
  • We are fearful of moments that don't make sense; we shy away from things that we think will cause pain.
  • God will sometimes give you a glimpse of the future, but He rarely throws you right into it. He has to prepare you first.
  • Faith is not so much about my destination as it is my destiny.
  • He does a work in you, so He can do a work through you.
  • Sometimes He'll take you the long way home ... to prepare you.
  • The Promised Land was less about the land, and more about the relationship.
  • Most people want the victory without the fight.
  • Doubt is a partner of fear.
  • A life of faith is a life of testing. Biblical examples: 1) Shadrach, Meshach and Ebednego, 2) Gideon and his army of 300, 3) Jesus sleeping in the boat on the stormy sea
  • Desperation breeds dependence.
Worship Set:
1. Freedom is Here (Hillsong United)
2. You Hold Me Now (Hillsong United)
3. I Exalt Thee (Jesus Culture version)
4. Overcome/This is My Story (New Life Worship)

0 comments: