Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Can't Believe I Get to Do This

This week we’re leading worship each night at Iron Bridge Baptist Church in Chester, VA. Each night the students pack out the worship center to compete against each other earning points by bringing friends, quoting Scripture and bringing coins and can goods for missions. Did I mention that they come as if they’re jacked up on a case of Red Bull?!

After the service last night Steve Maltempi, the youth pastor, asked me how I thought the youth were responding to the worship. He said, “They have my backs to me, so I can’t tell how they’re singing.” I was like, “Dude, they’re singing their guts out!” Having done so many of these events where the kids glare at you like you’re from Mars, this is like being transferred to the third heaven.

This morning I was just thanking the Lord for being able to do what I love and have my family with me. I can’t believe I get to do this! Thank you Jesus!

Thanks to all you guys who are praying for this event.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It is great having you lead our youth worship at IBC this week. God Bless you!!! Jeff