Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Reading List

Here's a short reading list of books that have all been a huge benefit to me recently in my walk with Christ. In parentheses is my basic summary. Check them out.

-Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus (Making every moment count)
-Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp (Parenting begins with the heart)
-I Am Not But I Know I Am by Louie Giglio (Our identity in Christ)
-Celebrating the Wrath of God by Jim McGuiggan (Pain and Suffering vs. A God of Love)
-In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (Sometimes your opportunities are situations you normally run from)
-The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker (Kick-butt awesome novels in the vein of C. S. Lewis)
-Visioneering by Andy Stanley (Getting a God-ordained vision for your life)

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, I picked up your blog address off your Dad's newsletter; I am humbled by your service to our Father. I am able to see your desire to serve Him and it is in this obedience God will be Greater in your eyes as He meets and exceeds your needs. I'm going to share the church's website with my brother in law who lives in Monroe. Perhaps they will chec out the church soon. I promise to pray for you, your family and that your faith is strengthened. Be encouraged my friend!
Mark Trammell

Josh Via said...

Mark, thanks for the encouragement man. I would love to meet your brother-in-law. Send him our way for sure. Thanks for the prayers. You're an inspiration to so many. Keep pressin' on.